Our Employee of the Month is Zhnai Davis from New Jersey.
Zhnai recently took over the Site Director role at her school and has excelled in the position. She is well respected by both the Apollo and school staff, and has shown a strong willingness to learn and grow in order to be the best teacher she can be for all of her students.
Zhnai, thank you for being such an outstanding employee and teacher!
To show our appreciation for your dedication and hard work – please check your email this week for a special gift.
Check out our interview with Zhnai below:
- Who are you, where do you come from, where are you going?
I am Zhnai Davis and I was born and raised in Jersey City and I plan to travel the world.
- How long have you been teaching with Apollo?
I’ve been teaching at Apollo since September 2022.
- What is the most valuable lesson you’ve learned since you started teaching?
The most valuable lesson I’ve learned since I started teaching was to keep being open, to not stress the small stuff, and to just adjust.
- How do you motivate your students to succeed?
Showing my excitement for success gives them the drive to succeed as well as talking with them about their accomplishments.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
An element bender (earth, air, wind, fire)
- What is your most memorable memory from your time as an Apollo instructor?
A student gets powered up from drinking water and its exciting.
- If you could retire tomorrow and never have to worry about money again, what would you do with your time?
Paint and travel the world with my dog.
- What’s your go-to technique for dealing with ‘handful students’?
Talking to them and not at them, finding out their interests and relating to them in an understanding and respectful way.
- What is an unusual place you have been to?
Nothing, because I’m pretty open to places and experiences.
- Do you have a talent that not many people know about?
- What’s your #1 teaching tip?
It’s okay to make mistakes.
- What’s your favorite classroom Attention Getter?
1,2,3 eyes on me, 1,2, eyes on you.
- What is something interesting that you’re involved in, outside of Apollo After School?
- How do you spend your summer breaks?
Traveling or attending museums and galleries.
- Star Wars, Star Trek, or they’re both lame?
Neither are my thing and are too long.
- What do you like most about working with Apollo?
The children, and what I’m learning and growing into with the role that I take on.