Looking for a super fun (and mess-free!) way to color easter eggs with your kids this year? This easy method creates beautiful designs and because all the supplies are edible, the eggs can be used later to create any of your favorite spring dishes.
- Plastic Ziploc bags
- Whipped cream
- Gel food coloring
- Hard boiled eggs
- Food safe drying rack (or paper towels)
- Hard boil your eggs. Eggs can be hard boiled in an air fryer by placing a single layer in at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. You can also hard boil eggs by placing them in a pot with cold water (making sure they are covered by an inch or two of water) and bringing the water to a boil. After the water is boiling simply turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let the eggs sit for 10-12 minutes.
- Squirt whipped cream into your Ziploc bags.
- Add gel food coloring into each bag of whipped cream. Stick with two to four colors in each bag – if you use more than four the colors tend to mix into a funky shade of brown.
- Gently squish the food coloring around the bag to mix it with the whipped cream.
- Place one egg into each bag. Roll the egg around in the bag until it is fully covered in whipped cream.
- Place the baggies in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the bags, and rinse them off quickly with water before placing them on a paper towel or drying rack to dry.